Prior to adding/changing your account information, make an export of your existing email information. This will create a backup of all of your existing emails in case anything goes wrong during the update process.
- Select File > Open & Export > Import/Export.
- Select Export to a file, and then select Next.
- Select Outlook Data File (.pst), and select Next.
- Select the mail folder you want to back up and select Next.
- Choose a location and name for your backup file, and then select Finish.
After you have completed the backup, you can add/update your account information.
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2010. Click File, and then click Add Account.
- At the bottom, select Manually configure server settings or additional server types, and click Next.
- Select Internet E-mail, and click Next.
- Enter Your Name and full E-mail Address.
|Incoming email server||pop.secureserver.net|
|SMTP (Outgoing Mail Server)||smtpout.secureserver.net|
- Enter your User Name (your full email address) and Password, and select Remember password.
- Click More Settings.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab. Select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and Use same settings as my incoming mail server. Select the Advanced tab.
- Next to Outgoing Server (SMTP), type 80. Then click OK.
- Click Next.
- Outlook 2010 will test your settings. When it’s done, click Close.
- Click Finish.
If, after completing the account setup process, your folders disappear, you can re-import them using the backup you created earlier. Follow that process here.